This term if you were in school you would have started to join up your handwriting in order to prepare you for Year 2. Therefore, I have included some joined up handwriting sheets for you to start practising.
It is really important that you take your time and look carefully at where the letters sit on the line and think about ascenders (b, d, l, k, h) and descenders (j, g, p, y, q).
Parents: If your child isn't forming letters correctly e.g. starting and finishing in the correct place, positioned correctly and using lead in and lead outs then please don't push them to join up their writing. It is important that they have these skills securely in place before moving on to joining up.
Rules for joining:
1. We never join a capital.
2. We don't take our pencil off the paper until the whole word is complete.
3. We dot 'i' and cross 't' after we have written the whole word.
4. We need to make sure letters are consistently the same size.
5. The letter 't' is slightly taller then the letter 'i'
6. Ascenders need to have tall stalks.
7. Descenders need to go below the line.
8. Be really careful that the neatness of your writing doesn't change just because you are joining.
9. Use lined paper or print the sheets attached.
I would love to see your joined up writing so please email me some so I can put it on the website