Hello my lovely Elm Class and parent's.
I hope you all had a relaxing weekend.
First of all, I have to say how proud I am of you all. The learning you have been doing at home is truly wonderful 😊.
I can't believe it is the end of January already. Where has the month gone?
Our learning this week will include:
- writing about Sunny's adventures on the train
- learning about place value within 50
- finding out about carnivores, herbivores and omnivores in science
- making an African drum in music
- reviewing sounds covered in phonics so far
- activities to promote mental wellbeing
Each day I would like you to:
- read on Bug Club
- go on Numbots
- practise your handwriting
- choose 5 spellings you are not confident with and find different ways to learn them each day
- practise writing numbers 1-20 (start and finish in the correct place)
Teams Timetable 10:30 Group A & 11:30 Group B
- Monday - writing about sounds Sunny hears as the train stops next to a farm (come dressed as a farm animal or bring a toy animal to the lesson)
- Tuesday - using words to describe the taste of food in Sunny's lunch box.
- Wednesday - quiz, spellings or phonics games
- Thursday - gathering adjectives to describe going through a tunnel.
- Friday - quiz, spellings or phonics games
I will look forward to seeing photos of all the wonderful learning you have been doing.
Challenge - How creative can you be with your spellings this week?
Find different ways to practise your spellings each day.
Remember to practise the same spellings over the course of the week to ensure you are confident.
Send me photos
Creative fun for the week.
- Make a rock person.
- Turn a box into something extraordinary.