The poem that we are learning as part of our English contains different ways of saying the vowel 'I'. To consolidate the learning we were doing last week we will continue to focus on the different was of making that sound.
Continue to practise recognising and using ie, igh, i-e and y (as in sky).
Our spelling this week are: house, there, eye, sky, could
Things you could do:
- write the sounds on card or outside with chalk then get your child/ren to add consonants to create words e.g. pie, light, like, by.....
Other ideas to support phonics and spellings:
- write them in flour on a table
- write them in cocoa
- chalk them outside
- make them out of pastry
- write them on card and then splat them with water gun
- make them out of button
- rainbow words (different colour for each letter)
- flower petal word (a letter for each petal)
- write them in mud with a stick
- paint them with cotton buds
- make up rhymes (the kids love using first sound of a manes in the class for this)n