I will be reading Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown and if your child has a copy it would be great if they could read along with me. I will then set activities based around the book.
If your child does not have a copy, do not worry because there will be other reading based tasks in the general reading folder.
The big reading message from me is to keep on reading.
Monday - Task One
Read Chapter one and answer the questions below. Today has a vocabulary focus.
- What is politeness?
- What word(s) do you think Mrs Lambchop would have preferred over ‘hey’?
- What word shows that the bulletin board is big?
- What word on Page 4 shows you that Stanley is fine?
Tuesday - Task Two
Re-read chapter one and answer the questions below.
- How do you think the Lambchops felt when they saw that the bulletin board had fallen on Stanley?
- Why is Stanley flat?
- Why will Stanley’s clothes need altering?
Wednesday - Task 3
- At the end of Page 3, predict what has happened to Stanley.
- At the end of the chapter, predict if Stanley will return to normal.
- Do you feel sorry for Stanley? Why?
Friday 27th March
Read, Chapter 2 and answer the following questions.
- What is a ‘grating’?
- Mrs Lambchop replies ‘sharply’. What does this mean? Why does
she reply in this way?
- What does hasty mean?
- Define ‘limber’.
Monday 30th March, Flat Stanley, Chapter 2
- Why did Arthur bang his head when he tried to go under a door?
- Why did Mrs Lambchop cry when her ring fell?
- Why do you think Mrs Lambchop pretended not to notice the
- What do the police mean by a cuckoo?
- Why does Mrs Lambchop put a sandwich in the envelope?